Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 2012

This are the deets for February. Get the gist at Yelp.

Feb 28: Cleaning House (so to speak)

Litter and most of the debris around my front door and on my patio have finally been cleaned (even though Darla Warnock, the property manager, hinted in an email to me that I was responsible for cleaning up after my neighbors and/or their guests, instead of the property management being responsible for it, the latter of which had been the case since McKinley took over in 2010)! I didn't even have to ask.

So what's wrong with that?

Well, my son's rain/snow boots (which were not on the patio, but on the inside of our porch area, which we've been waiting almost three months to have re-secured to avoid theft, among other uncool activities that have taken place around my apartment) - that are not in plain view - were nicked. Yeah, he's grown out of them, and it saves me a trip to Goodwill; but still...the boots are my property, and they were located in an area that I pay to use.

February 13: Water, Water Everywhere, But Not a Drop to Drink (or Shower In)

Our water's been off for five and a half hours since 10:30 this morning. The note on my door from the office (undated and without letterhead, of course) stated that the water would only be off for 2-3 hours.

Emailing them is a hit-or-miss kinda thing....so is quality customer service, so I posted a question on their Facebook page. My request for an update on their Facebook page was deleted (See my screenshots on my Yelp profile.).

At 4:40-ish pm, Larry Gooch, of Atlanta City Watershed, confirmed that the no-water issue -- at The Magnolia at Sandy Springs, mind you; so no one's even notified ATL City Watershed that the name of the property has been changed so they can update their database -- wasn't on their end.

February 12: Flirting with Machinery

I love sipping coffee on Saturday morning while listening to my (new?) upstairs neighbors toy with the same type of machinery the constructions workers were using while they were renovating - especially at 7:37-ish.